Thread: Mirror Switch Blues

Newbie Member
    Country
    U.S.

Mirror Switch Blues

Hello everyone in the burgman collective, I have a problem with my 2013 650 executive burgman in that I have to depress the switch mirror into the lock position (which is as it should) but when I wish to open it, I have to hold the switch physically to depress it and keep holding it lifting it all the way out to release the switch, as though the spring is broken, has anyone else come across this, and know how to fix it? Thanks in advance for any help you you... Phil

Newbie Member
    Country
    U.S.
    Anyone else encountered this problem before?

Country
    usa
    Bike
    an650ak9 & 2013 650
    I have a 13 and have not experienced that. Probably a faulty spring. Sorry to hear.

Harry

Country
    England
    Bike
    On my 3rd 650 since 2010
    I've had three 650’s and all of them have had a mirror switch that was a bit 'fiddly', often needing a bit of a vertical pull. I don't know what the official answer is, but I found a spray of WD 40 helped.
    'Bikers have more fun than people'

Country
    US
    Bike
    I like the term "fiddly" to describe the switch action. I haven't tried to take it apart, because it is only a minor annoyance.
    Silver 650 Exec, Givi Windshield, Bestem top box, Throttle assist, 4" Pyle speakers, amp with FM, turn arrows and beepers, back rest, Garmin 665 GPS, Hercules Blind spot mirrors, Givi side cases, Heaterz grips