Thread: New rides??

Freshman Member
    Country
    U.S.
    Bike
    2017 650

New rides??

Relatively new guy here. Just checking, the last ride post was 2016. I can't believe that nobody has went anywhere since then. I've only had my Burgman a few months so haven't taken any trips yet. Looking forward to reading more and maybe posting a few myself.

Freshman Member
    Country
    U.S.
    Bike
    2017 650
    Hmm.
    No comments or ride stories. I am shocked that there hasn't been a Burgman on a trip anywhere in the time since the last posted story. Who knew?
    I manage to get out about every weekend even though some weekends it is literally just a ride to town and back. When possible I head into the mountains in Arkansas or into the middle of Louisiana just to get out. Sadly I do not take pictures very well so I can't document them thoroughly. I know the story, no pics or it didn't happen so I have to rely on others to entertain me here.

Country
    England
    Bike
    On my 3rd 650 since 2010

Rides in England

IMG_0473.jpgWell, if we're desperate . . . . I've retired now, so my daily ride to work has given way to fewer, longer runs. After my last collision (car U-turned infront of me) I always ride with the camera on. Here's a shot from my weekly run to Dorchester, on the south coast of England, where I do volunteer police work. Unusual hazard for the traffic in the other carriageway!
    I'm on my third Burgman 650, and love it to bits. Any others in the area?
    'Bikers have more fun than people'

Freshman Member
    Country
    U.S.
    Bike
    2017 650
    Good to see someone from across the pond on here. I've driven in Europe a few years ago. Very interesting place for lots of reasons. I would like to go back someday but also take my bike to really do some traveling. This is my first Burgman. Long time on big bikes but finally made the move about four months or so ago. Yep, totally under-rated in my opinion.
    I appreciate the response here. Please feel free to share more pics with us. I am way behind the times I think. I do carry a camera but usually have it packed away to deep to do any good. Glad to see someone doing way better than I.

Ride safe there neighbor.

Sophmore Member
    Country
    USA
    Bike
    2006, 650
    At least the herd is moving in the same direction as the traffic. Reminds me of our southern California freeway congestion. Thanks for the picture, Route66.

I did take a scooter trip to another of our National Parks, Death Valley this time. A 3 day ride last November. Notice the elevation on my Garmin. Death Valley 11-2016 033.jpg
    Last edited by mllltf; 07-21-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Freshman Member
    Country
    U.S.
    Bike
    2017 650
    Quote Originally Posted by mllltf View Post
    At least the herd is moving in the same direction as the traffic. Reminds me of our southern California freeway congestion. Thanks for the picture, Route66.

I did take a scooter trip to another of our National Parks, Death Valley this time. A 3 day ride last November. Notice the elevation on my Garmin. Death Valley 11-2016 033.jpg
    Man...negative numbers.. haven't been there but want to. Not sure why. It looks like a desolate place. Post some pics of it so us midwestern types can get a look at it. Were you on your Burgman?