Thread: oem heated grips

Country
    usa
    Bike
    an650ak9 & 2013 650

oem heated grips

Does anybody know about aquiring oem heated grips and or seats for a 650ak9 ora 650ak13? I sure would like toknowwhat they would cost and where you could buy them. I would be sure that youcan not buy them in the U.S. any info would be appreciated.

Harry

Ed Apelian
    When life throws you a curve ..... lean into it!

Country
    USA
    Bike
    2011 white 650 exec
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Does anybody know about aquiring oem heated grips and or seats for a 650ak9 ora 650ak13? I sure would like toknowwhat they would cost and where you could buy them. I would be sure that youcan not buy them in the U.S. any info would be appreciated.

Harry
    I have had heated grips on a 650 twice. They kept blowing fuses ! And I didnt have any other electrical devices attached to the battery, no LEDs, nothing. Had them removed and never tried again.

I bought my first BMW in 2000 and it came with heated grips. Have not had a bike since without them! Need I say more

Heated gloves are nice and a buddy I ride with loves them BUT the issue there is you have to always have them with you and you have to run the Y-splitter wires inside your jacket which for me is just a pain. With the heated grips all I need to do is flip the switch. For me they are worth every penny.
    Ed Apelian
    When life throws you a curve ..... lean into it!

Country
    U.S.
    Bike
    2013 Burgman 650
    I have added both the OEM heated seat and grips to my 2013 650. I bought both items off eBay. Cost was $449.95 for the seat and $224.95 for the grips. I installed both item without any problems. Both work great but the seat doesn't get supper hot like the grips do. I ride my Burg year round to work so I appreciate both heated items in the winter time. Go on eBay and do a search for Burgman 650 Heated, and you'll see a few places that sell both.

Country
    usa
    Bike
    an650ak9 & 2013 650
    Thank you all for the info. Now iI will be on the hunt for the best price.

Harry

Newbie Member
    Country
    U.S.
    I have a 2015 Burgman 650 ABS(Not the Executive). I am wanting to installing OEM heated grips.What I would like to know, is the 650 ABS hard wired to except the OEM grips?The new OEM grips do come with all the wiring with plugs, controller and mounting bracket. Is it just a matter of pluging everything in?I did find the OEM grips from Suzuki on line for $208.00.