Thread: Burgman Seats Road Trip (5/24 - 6/2)

Freshman Member

Burgman Seats Road Trip (5/24 - 6/2)

I will be traveling thru KY, TN, NC, SC, & GA in the next two weeks. I will be visiting the major cities in the area along with some smaller places as well. If you were thinking about a new seat and would like to check them out first, this is the way to do it. I have the "Puffy" seat I am using and I will be bringing a basic padded seat in my trailer. While the trip is not set up to sell seats, I had to bring my trailer so why not bring some other stuff along too.

PS.. what sights should I see in the NC/SC area?

Hoping to meet up with Scootereno one morning and get a short ride in....

I also have a new backrest. We re-did the backrest and I have the prototypes with me (for both 400 and 650 models). You can try them on your bike or mine and see how they fit. They will be made of 1/8 inch steel, taller, and provide much more support.

I do not have a set agenda but plan on making a loop ending in Nashville. If you live near one of these cities, let me know and i will try to meet up with you. I do prefer at the end of the day/early evening, but you never know what works out best.

Dates: 5/24 - 6-2 Dates are not set in stone, just a guideline for now.

Kingsport, TN, Johnson City, TN - 5/24
    Ashville, Marion, Hickory, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, - 5/25
    Burlington, Durham, Raleigh, Four Oaks, Fayetteville, Charlotte, NC - 5/26
    Columbia, Spartanburg, Greenville, Anderson, SC - 5/28
    Atlanta Georgia area - 5/29,30
    Nashville, TN - 5/31
    Madisonville, KY, Louisville, 6/1- 6/2

I will be visiting some fabric stores and doing some sightseeing. Here are my planned stops.
    https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...eef845bda2e831
    Last edited by Cary; 05-14-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Country
    USA
    Bike
    Howdy,
    While in the Ashville area check out the Biltmore Estates, The Smoky Mountains, and lots of waterfalls in and around Translyvania, Brevard area.
    Jim

Sophmore Member
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bike
    '11 Burg Exec
    Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville. I'm not particularly a fan, but took the studio tour, and THAT was very interesting. Toured the old cinder block recording studio that Chet Atkins owned. So many artists recorded there it will amaze you. Elvis, did most of his recording there. Anyhow, worth a look.

Freshman Member
    Country
    U.S.
    Bike
    And now WE have two.Both white and 2012s
    Blue Ridge Pkwy from the north to end. And any stop in between. And the temps will great at this time of the year.

Freshman Member
    Country
    U.S.
    Bike
    2012 650
    OK all you Burgmanista's I have just talked with Cary on the phone , we are meeting up in the lovely NC. town of Lewisville @ the Bo Jangles just off NC 421 @ Lewisville/ Clemmons road @ about noon tomorrow, Saturday the 25th of May.
    If you want to meet Cary and or take a look at his Burgman seats, be there :-)