Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burgman 650 Additional Driving Lights

Country
    U.S.A.
    Bike
    07 650
    Can you post a picture of how these look mounted on the body? Am wondering about cosmetics.

Newbie Member
    Country
    U.S.
    I put of set of clearwater LED "Glenda" lights on my '09 Exec. Best upgrade I've made so far.

www.clearwaterlights.com

Oh, they are not cheap at all but you get what you pay for.

Newbie Member
    Country
    U.S.
    Bike
    2011 burg 400ABS
    OK its 2016 now and the last thread was 2012.
    I am seriously interested in the Clearwater Darla LED's
    The company itself has never installed on a Burg 400, so I am looking for anyone who has installed these and which bracket they have used....
    I have a modulator on the headlights and love it and dont care what cars think... they save your butt... I have seen it happen.
    I want to mount on the fender bolts of front wheel.
    Anyone out there do this lately? Would appreciate input...
    Frank

Newbie Member
    Country
    U.S.
    Bike
    2011 burg 400ABS
    Sorry didnt see page 2 late reply was 2013 for a burg 650

Newbie Member
    Country
    U.S.
    Bike
    2011 burg 400ABS
    The clearance between fairing and fender is my primary concern.
    Hoping the electrical will be fairly easy.

Country
    USA
    Bike
    2008 400 - Black
    You must be rich. The Clearwater lights are insanely expensive for what you get. I know, I have them on my BMW...but the previous owner installed them.

Check out ADVMonster.com. I've used their lights on two Burgmans and a Honda NT700V. Probably have 100,000 miles of use on their products. Never a problem. You'll have to figure out which parts to buy...but common sense will tell you what you need. They sell the same things, like a dimmer switch and you'll pay a tenth of what it'll cost you from Clearwater.

I'm tempted to add some LED lights up high like on my NT700V, but if I do, the last place I'll buy from is Clearwater. Probably the second to the last place will be Twisted Throttle. In a side-by-side comparison of the Denali lights with the ADVMonster lights, ...well, there was no comparison. The Model 30 that I've used is a nice 10 degree spot beam with 1500 lumens. It's tight enough to focus in your lane and not in the state trooper's eyes coming toward you. Yet they only cost $40 each.

Chris
    Ebenezer - 2011 Honda NT700V
    Deborah - 2008 Suzuki Burgman 400 (AN400K8) 27,389 miles (Gone, but not forgotten.)
    Barak - 2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 (AN400K7) 48,969 miles. (Gone, but not forgotten.)

IBA# 49894
    True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6

Have been running Denali's for over 3 years now and really happy with them. Had Advmonsters and they are fine for the price. But the Denali's IMHO are just better made. But again cost about $250 - $300 for a set of the DR2's (think that is what I have). Guys I ride with tell me they are way bright. And they all have Clearwaters. BUT the new Clearwaters are killer and will truly turn night into day. But for me it is not about lighting up the night it is about being seen in daylight. THAT make the Clearwater ambers very attractive. I also, have Moto-Lights on my RT and love them but they are not LED and I think LED's are the way of the future.
    Ed Apelian
    When life throws you a curve ..... lean into it!

Newbie Member
    Country
    U.S.
    Bike
    2011 burg 400ABS
    OK, so I understand there are choices out there, but main interest is in the mounting.
    Where are yours placed and what type of bracket holds them? Did the original bracket supplied by the company work?
    Any clearance issues with the fairing and the fenders if this is where you mounted them?
    Thanks....Frank

Looks like Twisted Throttle has fender bolt mounts.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/shop-...gman-executive

I prefer mounting them low and creating that triangle effect for conspicuity.
    Ed Apelian
    When life throws you a curve ..... lean into it!