Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electronic Cruise Control

Bike
    2005 400 Sport

Electronic Cruise Control

From the old website there was a guy on there that said he had installed a CCS100 audiovox. He does not appear to be on this new website. I am in the process of installing this unit on a 2005 Burgman 400. I really only have 3 questions. The first is: The instructions say to connect the black and gray wires to the speed sensor magnet. Where that is I do not have a clue. The instructions also say to connect the blue wire to the negative side of the coil. If anybody knows which side that would be, please advise. Which might be a moot point as I believe I have already fried my coil. I was told by a motorcycle mechanic that if I connected my volt meter to measure ohms that the primary connection which is where the 2 plugins are should measure zero. I am getting around 20 ohms measured there and the secondary where the plug wire goes I get no measurement there and the mechanic said it should measure atleast a 1000 ohms. If anybody out there understands this stuff, please advise. I know there will be somebody that knows the Burgman inside and out and will help as it seems nobody is ever let down.

Thank you very much.
    Brooks
    If you think you ride something better. Oh well!
    6 Goldwings
    1 Harley
    1 Kawasaki
    1 Honda Reflex
    I believe I covered most of the bases. But I do love my Burgman.

Country
    Canada
    Bike
    2009 650 Exec.
    Could not find any any info. re the 400, but here's a 'how to' pertaining to the 650 which may help

http://burgmanusa.com/bkb/650+Audiovox+Cruise+Control

Bike
    2005 400 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo38 View Post
    Could not find any any info. re the 400, but here's a 'how to' pertaining to the 650 which may help

Yes, that helps quite a bit. But now I have to figure out how to mount the 2 magnets to the rear wheel. I did not figure on using a vacumn pump. Instead I have made a vacumn cannister to hold a reserve vacumn. I am hoping this will work??? Thank you for all the help.

Brooks
    6 Goldwings
    1 Harley
    1 Kawasaki
    1 Honda Reflex

Country
    Canada
    Bike
    2009 650 Exec.
    Here's a link that may help.
    Check out flybywire post.
    May be some help there.
    http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtop...ox+400#p524227

Bike
    2005 400 Sport
    Here's a link that may help.
    Check out flybywire post.
    May be some help there.
    http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtop...ox+400#p524227
    Let me tell you I have been fighting this thing tooth and nail. I can't figure out the pulses either. Need help there and can anyone tell me where the vss is located. Also is the wheel sensor the same kind of sensor as the CCS-100. I have had conflicting opinions regarding which wire is the negative wire. Mine is a 2005 and I have a orange with white stripe and a white wire. And to top this all off. I can not get it to start now. It turns over fine but I am not getting any spark out of the plug wire. I have checked everything I can think of including, did I fry the coil by hooking to the wrong wire. On a brighter note I put my the vacumn servo under the seat in the storage compartment. It takes very little room and you can drill holes in the sides for the cable, tubing and wiring.

Brooks
    6 Goldwings
    1 Harley
    1 Kawasaki
    1 Honda Reflex

Bike
    2005 400 Sport

Well Leo38, That did help quite a bit. But, of course there is always a but. It leaves me with 3 questions. 1st: What kind of vacuum pump was ordered from the indicated company? 2nd: What kind of switch was ordered from the indicated company and 3rd: From the instructions in the link it looks like you don't even have to use the vacuum from the engine and if so that would be great because my 400 doesn't run worth a darn when it has to share the vacuum. Thanks again for the help.

Brooks
    6 Goldwings
    1 Harley
    1 Kawasaki
    1 Honda Reflex

Country
    Canada
    Bike
    2009 650 Exec.
    Those links came from the BurgmanUSA.com forum & knowledge base.
    You would have to go over there and track down the originators - flybywire and bluestratos.

Bike
    2005 400 Sport
    Those links came from the BurgmanUSA.com forum & knowledge base.
    You would have to go over there and track down the originators - flybywire and bluestratos.
    Thank you Leo38, I will go there and see what I can see.

rickley
    6 Goldwings
    1 Harley
    1 Kawasaki
    1 Honda Reflex

Freshman Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Bike
    An650 '07
    I think you've shot yourself in the foot using a vacuum operated servo unit. As far as I've read, the available vacuum is just about adequate on the 650, and that's a twin cylinder engine. It won't be better on the 400 single.

If I were you, I'd sell the Audiovox and buy the Rostra with electric servo. It also uses the scoots own speed signal directly.

Since you don't have neutral, you don't need the ignition coil for rev protection, and you can't use it for speed, because you have a Continously Variable Transmission.

All the information you need you'll find in Redbeards "Rostra cruise installation guide" over on Burgmanusa.com.

Some things are 650 specific, but most are not, and he explains why he does things the way he does.

Just a thing like how he explains the purpose of letting the servo use all its stroke shows great thought.

http://burgmanusa.com/bkb/650+Rostra+Cruise+Control

Bike
    2005 400 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikDK View Post
    I think you've shot yourself in the foot using a vacuum operated servo unit. As far as I've read, the available vacuum is just about adequate on the 650, and that's a twin cylinder engine. It won't be better on the 400 single.

If I were you, I'd sell the Audiovox and buy the Rostra with electric servo. It also uses the scoots own speed signal directly.

Since you don't have neutral, you don't need the ignition coil for rev protection, and you can't use it for speed, because you have a Continously Variable Transmission.

All the information you need you'll find in Redbeards "Rostra cruise installation guide" over on Burgmanusa.com.

Some things are 650 specific, but most are not, and he explains why he does things the way he does.

Just a thing like how he explains the purpose of letting the servo use all its stroke shows great thought.

http://burgmanusa.com/bkb/650+Rostra+Cruise+Control
    I agree this sounds like the way to go. But I have already spent over $200 and it looks like I will have to make it work because it would be very hard to sell considering all the changes I have made to the wiring, etc.

rickley
    6 Goldwings
    1 Harley
    1 Kawasaki
    1 Honda Reflex